Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TAPI drivers and Click to Dial from Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

StardataMitel

Programmer
Jul 7, 2008
AU
We have a customer with a 3300CX controller at MCD4.2 and he has a unwavering need to click to dial from his Outlook Contacts. UC Express was installed with the search bar functionality working perfectly but he wanted to dial from Outlook and not have to use some search bar.
So we installed the UC Express TAPI plug-in from Ingenius and had some success with this plugin initially. Then the customer started getting an error when dialing from Outlook - "Another program is using the selected telephony device" and he would have to close and restart Outlook to get it working again. We had tried to fault find with Ingenius Support but were unable to find the problem.
So we installed Mitel PBX TAPI Service Provider driver, which I have tested perfectly on my own PC able to dial out of Outlook and Connectwise with no problems. This was put on the customer's computers and was tested over and over for a day without any problems but no weeks later we hear that he gets the same error constantly again.

We have toyed with the idea of upgrading their MAS to include UCA but I have no confidence that we will not end up getting the same error and the MAS is already running a complex NuPoint setup that I'd rather not mess with.

I think it is a problem with the environment the driver is being installed into (customer problem not mine) but not sure how to prove that to the customer - has anyone had any experience with a similar issue and advice on how you would proceed? How can I hand over the management of this issue to his desktop IT support?

Eventhough this is months behind the Question and years before the product it still might be relevant for someone like me trawling to find info :

Body/Solutions
Your Assistant Rel 3.1 clients have the ability to dial from Outlook and Microsoft Phone Dialer. Some YA Clients have reported issues when trying to use this feature.

Symptoms:
- When trying to dial from Outlook the client may receive an error in Outlook indicating an Internal Software Error has occurred.
- Dialing from MS Phone Dialer, the client may receive an error indicating that the line/device is busy, and please ensure that it has power, etc...

Resolution:
- Please ensure that the NAME and IP ADDRESS fields in the Switch Properties on the YA Server are both programmed with the IP Address of the 3300 ICP.
- Shutdown and launch the YA client application again in order to pull the information from the server.

If the above steps do not resolve the issue, please check the following:

1)Launch the Registry Editor on the YA Client PC. (Start - Run - regedit)
Browse to the following location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mitel Networks\Mitel Networks Tapi Service Provider\Providerx\Adapterx\Switch0
(NOTE: You may have more than one adapter listed. Please check all of the adapters have the correct settings.)
Highlight the Switch0 key, there is a Name field in the window on the right side. Please make sure the value for this field is the IP Address of the 3300 ICP. If it is blank, or has 0.0.0.0, please open the field and enter the correct IP Address.
2)Verify information in IP Phone Emulation is accurate
-Start---Settings--Control Panel
-Double-click IP Phone emulation
-Ensure the IP address of your ICP is entered in both Name and IP address fields

You can use ESTOS for Mitel. Perfect CSTA/TAPI Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back