Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TAPI Driver Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

CIDCrane

Programmer
Mar 19, 2009
US
I cannot get the Tapi driver to work on Vista Ultimate, somebody told me that I needed the 3.2.54 and 4.1.something version to get it to work, however Avaya doesn't offer these versions for download on their webpage, is it possible somebody could email me the Tapi driver or let me know of some way around this

according to the 4.2 matrix the TAPI is compatible with Vista Ultimate SP1 which means you could download the latest 4.2 User software and it would work.
I can't see old versions work and new ones not at least not if they have it listed as OK.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Try this.
Goto C:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\Phone Manager and remove PhoneManager.exe.manifest

good luck

Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm.Or is that another upgrade?

ACA - Implement IP Office

amriddle01 =>

Are you sure that there will never be a 64 bits version compatible with Vista?

Thanks ;)

Never say never but according to Avaya no plans in the works.
Mike

It has nothing to do with Avaya
It is Microsoft that does not make it !

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

I think there was an issue with early 4.1 user installs where if the TAPI driver was installed in the same install as phone manager the TAPI installation would fail.

To get around it you had to install phone manager on its own and then run the TAPI setup on its own (there is a tapi folder which contains it's own installer)

Beleive this was rectified in 4.2 though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back