Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TAPI/CTI on Definity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

killbox

Programmer
Aug 25, 2003
I have a customer with a Definity Prologix Release 11.

They want to be able to dial out of Outlook and ACT!, etc. Can this be done?

If it can be done, does anyone have a brief description of what I need and where to begin?

Appreciate the info.

Thanks,

KILLBOX

killbox,

yes it can be done. first of all, you need to enable cti functionality on the switch. in your case, it can be done differently: either purchasing map-d board and avaya ct class a package, or upgrading your switch to cm2 and purchasing c-lan board, co-res dlg license and avaya ct class a package, in either case you'll also need some external pc-based server. avaya ct provides open standard interfaces: tsapi, cvlan and jtapi. unfortunately, it doesn't provide tapi interface which outlook is compatible to. so you'll need either some third-party middleware between outlook and avaya ct server (there are plenty of products out there) or you'll need some exchange-based integration software (also there are many ones) or some plug-in for outlook to teach it use tsapi. any way, there are many solutions, you can choose the best for you.

Thanks. Well, the system has a C Lan board in it and it's on the network.

So I have to get the license and the package. These are things I'm assuming Avaya will dial in, and turn on? Then it is my responsibility to program it.

How in depth is it to program? Is there any installation and programming docs I can get?

There is an exchange server. So I'm going to have to get some type of Oaysis Netphone package or something to talk to outlook?? Would this work as the 3rd party software you were talking about?

Thanks,

Killbox

You can also use the Avaya IP Softphone in the Control of DCP/IP mode, this doesn't require a MAPD or DLG functionality, but each user will require an IP Softphone licence. It also adds some more functionality including complete control of your Phone using your PC.

To get this functionality you will need to be running CM 2.0+.

Thanks,
Frank

Thank you,
VOIPEng

Thanks, but they have the Prologix. THey want to do something with the equipment they have and for as little as possible.

THanks,

KILLBOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back