Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tapetest utility for v9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lalabrigaboris

IS-IT--Management
May 26, 2002
CA
We are currently using v7 and aren't too pleased with the product so I am currently testing to see if our corporation should upgrade to Arcserve v9. In the pre/post section of a backup, I have scheduled a job to run before the backup job with a delay of 10 minutes. Essentially it is this line:
Tapetest -d2 -z
I cannot get the script to run in the pre/post location, however, if I were to schedule it as an "at" command on my Windows 2000 server, it would erase the tape.

It seems any tapetest utility you run in the pre/post location will not work, but other scripts (such as renaming files) works in the pre/post location. I always end up with a tapetest error:
TapeErase Error, 224

Has anyone encountered this issue or have any other ideas of what to try.

Do you run the tapetest commands from the BrightStor home directory ??
ARCserve v9 also has an extra wizard called the job scheduler wizard. Try to run this tapetest from here and see how it works.

regards

Hi
To run the Tapetest command you should put the whole path
where tapetest command exist

EG c:\Program files\Computer Assocaites\Arcserve\Tapetest -d2 -z

this should work fine

regards,
mohamdr

Thank you so much for your help!!! Running the task in the pre/post area still didn't work (I tried running the whole path), however, that job scheduler wizard worked just fine. Thanks again for both of your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back