Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tapes with the wrong expiration date

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkipDarling

IS-IT--Management
Jun 16, 2006
US
I have a SL8500 with 1500+ tape with the wrong expiration date on the tape. The tapes in this pool should expire after 3 months but they some have an expiration 1 year after they labeled. Question which nsrim, or nsrmm command do I use in a script to set the date to 3 months after the last file was written to the tape.

Check the expiration dates on the savesets that are on the tapes in question, as expiration applies to savesets, not volumes.

OK,

What command would I use to set the saveset expiration. it will be modify the on-line database. I

Hello,

do you have networker files saved on this tapes ?

because if it's true, nw saves data for the longest time it founds in its own policies, although you specify less for this client.

hope this helps.

If you need to change the retention for a save set, use nsrmm -S ssid -e "date"

Add -w if you want to change browse time as well. Remember that this will change the save set's all clones. If you only want to change for one clone use -S ssid/cloneid.

verify the retention policy on the client members of the group that use the pool of tapes. All must have the same retention policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back