Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tapes expiration 2036?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmagerr

Technical User
Aug 11, 2001
US
Hi all
I have a bit of a weird thing happening and can't figure out why. My daily backups have a browse and retention of 2 weeks, yet after they are written to the expiration in the volumes tab says 2036. My monthly backups have a retention of 30 years so I know where the 2036 is coming from, but none of the dailys are in the monthly pool. Weird, anyone have any ideas why this might be happening? Thanks.

Hello,

is there any indexes on the tape? this could explain the tape retention.

Obviously, some of you backups end up in the wrong pool.

Check which save sets are actually stored on the media. Then correct your pool's setup.

Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this issue?
This machine been rebuilt at three times already, and the same issue has always come up. I wonder whether anyone has experienced a similar issue with legato volume shadow copy.
save: ERROR: Failed to init_backup, error=0x80042301: VSS Backup or Restore is not in the correct state for the operation, or the writer is not in the correct state.
* client save: ERROR: Unable to setup (vss) file system directives. Failed to backup

Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back