Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tapeeng crashes every time....

Status
Not open for further replies.

vekara

IS-IT--Management
May 26, 2003
FI
Hi,

NT4, SP6a. Sp4 in Arc2000. Using Arc own database.

Problem:
Everytime (or at 95% of cases) when backups starts I get an error saying:
An application error has occured, tapeeng.exe
Exception: access violation (0xc0000005) address 0x7800d0b9.

At same time system asks for tapes that are in Library.

Problem can be solved by stopping all services, and starting those again, and after that a backup job. I have also reinitialized database and driven all dbfixex but no help...

Thanks for any info!

Vekara
your tape engine is GP-ing and you need to find out why.
I would recomend to open a ticket with CA and let them look in the drWtson logs.
In the mean time, you can try to play with your environment and see where the incompatibility is with the tape engine. Do you have anything else installed on that machine? What kind of SCSI card you are using? you get the idea..
From your description, I dont see a need to troubleshoot the db.
cheers

Hi,

Thanks, I will do that. Still backups were Ok. I managed to backup and restore until now. Inspite of all those DB fixex etc.

Now the backups stops to error:
[CAT] invalid File signature (0).

Still all backups went OK, no problems during bck. This error comes at stage where ARC says: updating database.

I will ask for this at same time also from CA. Still if you have ideas, please inform. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back