Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tapecopy Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekhead1934

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2003
IE
I'm trying to Run the tapecopy utility to copy a Tape in Arcserve 2000 SP4. I'm running the following command below and listed below is the output and error message I'm getting.

tapecopy -sGROUP0 -dGROUP1 -t"Tape Name"

Connecting to Source tape.. Tape Name [Tape Name] Seq [1] RandomId [8745] SerialNumber []
Connecting to Target tape.. Tape Name [Tape Name] Seq [1] RandomId [8745] SerialNumber []
Positioning Source tape..
Positioning Target tape..
Starting session on Source tape..
Source Start session error, 2
Tape copy failed

Tape Copy writes to a log file in the Arcserve logs directory. This file contains useful information on connections,and data transfers. The file is named as follows:

tapecopy####.log

Where #### stands for the number of tapecopy jobs run.

Check that for more info
rbl

I've already checked the Tapecopy logs.

The only information in the log file is what I've included in the starting post for this thread, nothing else.

Its very strange because we're using Tape copy no problems on another Server.

You may want to try to copy the tapecopy.exe from the working server to the non-working one and see if you still have the same problem. Are you having any problems with your library? ie SCSI errors

RBL!

Hi
Try to create 2 Files system(FSD) and backup to first one then tapecopy from FSD one to FSD 2.

regards,
Mohamdr

Has this issue gotten resolved?? I am running into this issue now and was wondering if there was an answer to it.

Thanks
Vince

What are you trying to copy ? (which tapes are in source and destination groups). Is it tape to tape ot disk to tape ??

regards

Issue is still unresolved. Source and destination Drives are both SDLT 220/220GB Drives. Its a tape to tape copy.

I am trying to run a disk to tape copy and I am gettin the same error. I am using tapecopy -sGroup1 -dGroup0 -b. I get the same error stated at the beginning of this post.

Vince

Turn on the Tape.log in the Server Admin and run the tapecopy again, it should show information about what is happening while trying to get the tapes ready..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back