Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tape_rewind: I/O device error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfonseca

Technical User
Mar 28, 2001
US
Hi !

I have the following error of Legato 6.0 in windows NT:

Tape0 Moving: tape_rewind failed: the request could not be performed because of an I/O device error (268436573)

I synchronize the autochanger using the comands nsrjb -HE and nsrjb -I, redefined the autochanger with the devices and inventory the autochanger. Not heaving results, if any
know please help me.

thanks ...

Hi there,
When you create devices you may want change order.
for sample:
Tape Drive 1 is - \\.\Tape0
Tape Drive 0 is - \\.\Tape1
You have this error when arm load tape to Drive1 and legato trying read from Drive0

I have just configured a storage node (using shared autochanger option) off of our main NT4.0 (Legato 6.0.2) server and am getting this message ("the request could not be performed because of an I/O device error."). I have checked and double checked all the SCSI ID's/connections etc and it all seems fine.

Any more ideas?

I'm getting the same message as "wmg". Has anyone solved this problem? If so, can you post the fix that worked for you? Thanks a TON!!!!

Josh

Hello Josh,

Hmmm - just trying to cast my mind far back into the annals of history......

I *think* we fixed that problem by laying some new SCSI cable - it turned out that a lot of our read error type problems were due to substandard and/or faulty SCSI cabling.

HTH
wmg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back