Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tape Stuck in EZ17 Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netling

Technical User
Dec 9, 2002
US
I work with an Exabyte EZ17 tape library using the Veritas Backup Exec software (ver. 8.6) under Windows 2000 Server (SP2). About four weeks ago the system, which had been fine up until then, suddenly quit. The tape library took itself off line, and I was unable to get it back on line. I installed a fresh copy of Backup Exec, but the tape library still shows itself as being off line. Now, I also have a tape stuck in the drive itself (not the tape cartridge, just one tape), and Backup Exec has marked it as "bad media". I can't get the tape out of the drive, and the Exabyte manual and website are no help. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi

I have a Compaq TapeLibrary and the same thing happened. I had to physically remove the drive by opening the library and ejecting the tape. I then rebooted both server and library and it worked.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Honyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back