Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tape library management 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

asinha

Vendor
May 14, 2002
US
I have a job running on a media pool of 7 tapes for 7 day full backup. The job has a pre and post to run. But after the post is complete, I need to run another backup job to backup a single file that is created by the post. How do I implement that job to append that to the same days tape in the pool.

If you schedule a second backup to execute right after the first backup, this backup will start automatically as soon as the first backup has finished.

Example:

BackupJob1 with pre and post routines is scheduled to start at 18:00 (6:00pm). The post routine creates a file in the existing folder \\server1\share1\postbackup.

BackupJob2 only contains backup of the folder \\server1\share1\postbackup (do not select files at file level, select the entire folder, then all files created later in this folder will be included in the backup). This job is scheduled to start at 18:02 (6:02pm) and execution of this job will not start until the first job has finished.

So lets say the first job finished at 23:17 (11:17pm), some 5 hours later, the second job "BackupJob2" will start hereafter.

Hope it helps...

/Nicolaj

Should the destination be the same and media pool the same, so that it appends to the same days tape example: monday, tuesday etc. or anything special I have to do to make it append it to that days tape, not look for a new tape.

Yes, I would expect it to be. In the job properties you can choose to append to existing media instead of overwriting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back