Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tape library license 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

razvannw

Technical User
Jul 26, 2005
RO
I have a IBM 3584 tape library with 129 slots, and license only for 128.
When I tray to perform operation, I receive the following messages:
“The jukebox 'IBM' is not properly licensed. Make sure the jukebox is properly enabled and authorized.”

This tape library has 129 slots, but only 128 are active because slot nr 129 is a control slot, containing a test cartridge.

Is there any possibility from Networker point of view to use this library with actual license ?

Yes - you must ensure by (firmware) setup that the jukebox will not report more than 128 slots.

Ok, I will talk with Hardware Vendor.

On HP libraries we have you can reserve slots efectively making the library have less slots available. This fixed a similar problem we had with networker licenses.

Well, another solution might be if you modify the resource file for the jukebox and decrease the "slots available" value respecteively. However, i never tested this.

For details, please look at the current thread "jbconfig/jbedit" question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back