Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tape library gone south

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcymarc

Technical User
Oct 2, 2001
US
HI,

Legato 6.0.2 on an NT server.
Server was rebooted yesterday and since the OS seems to of lost sight of the autochanger. Below is the output from the inquire command?

Have the drivers been lost or something? I have tried another reboot of the server and library with no luck. Any advice would be greatly received.

scsidev@0.0.0:Compaq Disk Array 4.44|Disk, \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0
scsidev@1.0.0:COMPAQ SCSI COMMUNICATEDA01|Unknown Device Type
scsidev@2.0.0:Compaq PSEUDO 0100|Unknown Device Type
scsidev@3.0.0:COMPAQ CDR-8435 0013|CD-ROM
scsidev@6.0.0:Compaq PSEUDO 0100|Unknown Device Type

If inquire does not see the library then the operating system has not detected it. Do you see the library/drives when the server boots up? You usally get a (very quick) little list of devices detected right before Windows boots. Could be a bad scsi card perhaps? Also, sometimes the cdrom "steals" the libarys scsi adress, so i would go ahead and physicly disconnect the cdrom and reboot the server and see how it looks.

On a side note, if i was you i´d really think about going over to windows 2000/2003 and upgrading to NetWorker 7.2.1.

Cheers!
Maverick

Thanks, the server is actually in Cork while I work near London so I didn't see what happened during the reboot. I have got local admin there to check out the hardware/OS.
The server is due for decommission soon so its been neglected a bit recently!

do it doesnt show up in the NT Device Manager, maybe it is showing up their, but just not in inquire...maybe its just lost its device driver....

have you tried running "inquire -c", the -c means it doesnt use any cached information, but forces it to probe..

how about asking them to power cycle the autochanger...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back