Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tape drive on other server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970

Hi,

My exchnage is on BDC and my Tape drive is on another
member server in the domain. For online backup i need
my ntbackup to be exchange aware. what should i do to
make my member server ntbackup exchange aware ?

thanks

Hi,

As far as I know, NT Backup is already Exchange aware...but you may have to run the backups from the Exchange server (Locally).

I just tried mapping a port to the $ drive where my Exchange store sits from a remote bacjup server, but it does not bring up the option for backup exchange...it seems as if it only gives the Exchange option locally.

maybe you need some kind of remote NT backup agent if you wanna backup Exchange from remotely like with Veritas.

Cheers,

Julian

There is a some .dll's you need to add to the backup server to make it 'Exchange Aware' or you can install the admin program to the server. The 'Books on Line' help tells you which .dll files to use.

Chris

Hi,

As far as I know,
The ntbackup gets modified or becomes
"exchange aware" when the exchange 5.5
is installed.
Backup can be done remotely if you have
SP5 or higher.

Regards

Ram

You can make your NTbackup "exchange aware" by just installing Exchange Admin on the backup server. No need to buy a new license.

Jessica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back