Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tape Drive Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjjon

Technical User
Jul 31, 2002
IE
I'm installed a 7.3.2 Storage Node on a Windows 2000 server, but I'm having a problem with the tape drives. I can see 4 drives (IBM LTO-2 in an ACSLS Silo) when I run INQUIRE, but it doesn't show up the hardware path. I've updated to latest IBM tape driver, but nothing.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Do you see the drives in Windows at all?

Never worked with an ACLSL Silo on Windows but i know that you must install 'Libattach' here. Is it present?

I don't have the LibAttach installed - but I don't believe I need it. I can see the 4 drives under Windows, but it's not showing me any hardware path, which I need to assign the drive under NW, and ensure correct drive order.

Thanks

If you mean that Windows will not assign any device name, don't even proceed. NW can only use drives which are available for the operating system. Cure this problem first.

You will need Libattach so that the Windows server can talk to the ACSLS server. The mounts & dismounts get sent over the network, not as SCSI packets.

The problem is that the Inquire command doesn't give me the hardware path of the drives, but I can see the drives in the OS - I've since found out that 7.3.2 has a patch for this, so hopefully this will sort me out. (The server in a Storage Node) I'll update when I get a hold of the patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back