Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tape changer and simple backup scheme--Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyHerrera

Technical User
Jun 8, 2004
US
Hello members,

I am using BE 9.1 and a Dell Powervault 122T autoloader with 8 slots. Our total data (about 75GB) will easily fit on one tape with plenty of room to spare (320GB w/compression).

My question is:

How can I setup a backup scheme that will allow for a full daily backup, ejection of the backup job for removal off-site and replacement of that day's tape so it can go back into rotation?

I am new to autoloaders and if it was a simple tape drive I would just have the job eject the tape and manualy put in the next day's tape in its place. I could just label the tapes manualy and every morning replace the tape. Once a month I would archive a tape and replace it and label a new tape.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Tony-

Could you just schedule a job for each day of the week ( ie Monday Full, Tuesday Full, etc ). Point each day to a different slot in the autoloader ( Monday=slot1, tuesday=slot2, etc ). Then have each backup job eject the tape at the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back