Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tape Append Nightmare on Arcserve 2000 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

barazani

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2001
US
Hi TO All,
I'm having big problems and any one who can hep me will earn a place in heaven for sure !
I have a job that runs full and difrential backups in apend mode .
when the backup job starts it asks for me to mount tape X ,
i do but arcserve will not accept it .
the media has the same serial number and ID , it is in the right media pool and in the scratch set , nut nothing will help .
any one have jobs running in append mode ?
any tips / expirences will help me .
thanks

barazani
"Unix is user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are."

HIya barazani. Hmmmm, I am just wondering if in the global options for the backup you have put it to append as well? The globabl options are near the little traffic lights when configuring the job. could you check this please :)

Thanks,

guru

Hi Guru ,
thanks for your help !
yes i do ...
I have append mode in the schedule tab on the main backup screen and on the optins tab ( backup media->first media -> append to media).
any other idea's ? barazani
bara_zani@yahoo.com
"Unix is user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are."

Try for the global options to set it to "overwrite same name, blank media, then any media" for the first media. but make sure you have the rotation scheme set to append media.

Make sure that the media pool ceated was created with that job, and not with some other backup job you ran some other time.

also try formating the media into that particular media pool. Not erase but format.

Don't try these things on your backup server unless it's ok for testing purposes.

Good luck,

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back