Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tandem MICS using PRI (SL-1) between

Status
Not open for further replies.

salo0920

IS-IT--Management
May 27, 2002
US
This has been quite an experience. I have now got my 2 MICS talking together using a crossover cable and MCDN and PRI keycodes on both.

HOWEVER, I cannot for the life of me get a user on System B to dial the PSTN though the PRI span to an LS/DS on System A. This used to work just fine with T1 and E&M emulation span but with enbloc (PRI) dialing I am really stuck.

Has anyone out there got this to work? I have spent the last 5 hours with ITAS and no luck at all.

Whats the trick here?

Bottle of Scotch goes to the first respondant with the correct answer.

Thanks

salo0920 if it was working with T-1 why did you go to PRI ???
and what software / working issues are you using???
and
1- do you have oneside set for assending and the other for desending in Bchanseq.
2- check that your routing codes / destination codes are not conflicting
3- are you using a private or public network to access the other switch, you may have to use both types.
4- Check your Public / Private /carrier code Lengths.

Try this as a test: set up a set at Sys A for external call fwd to your cell and see if calling from Sys B to the set on Sys A and see if you get the call. If this does not work then there maybe a problem at Sys A's side and not the route inbetween.

Good Luck

Try setting up remote packages for the PRI line so you can access the PSTN lines.

Nortechie,

Good suggestions, all tried.

FYI, the reason I switched from T1 to PRI is that I wanted the CallerID information passed along with the call which the T1 (E&M) would not do.

Turns out the problem is that you need to turn on the PRIVACCCODE. You set it to a number that agrees with the destination code and this tells the system that it is a call destined to go to the PSTN. Otherwise, the system just thinks it is getting an inbound call and never tries to put it outside.

Live and Learn....

It took level 2 ITAS to give me the answer. It took them nearly 10 seconds to figure out my problem. Level 1 ITAS was working on it for almost 3 weeks. Trust only the guys with the Canadian accent when it comes to the tough ones.

salo0920

"Trust only the guys with the Canadian accent when it comes to the tough ones."- I know what you mean - where do they get some of these guys, I am forever having problems with ITAS because of the same reason.

Glad that all worked out for you.

Are you using a centrilised VM (NAM), does the system allow you to have mailboxes on the NAM that are not on the sys. that it is attached too. I have not done it on the 6.0, but will be next month, I have Connected 2 sys together with 4.1 and 5.0 but each sys had their own NAM, I'm curious if the 6.0 does what it says.

Thanks

The centralized VM does work. Documentation on how to configure it is poor.

BTW: Last I checked, most of second level was located in the US. Almost half, but not quite, is in Canada.

hi salo9020

I'm having a similar problem however I'm using PRI-A at System A for the PSTN. You mentioned turn on the PRIVACCCODE? Where is that PRIVACCCODE setting?

Thanks
filo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back