Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tandem Calls from 61C to 81C Forwarded to Public Number Not Sending Full 10 Digits 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

narsman

Technical User
Jun 16, 2010
US
Hey Folks,

The title pretty much says it all.

This is on a military base.

I have a Phantom 500 set up to forward to public number. When I dial that 5 digit extension number from the 81C, I get full 10 digits from the originating DID. When that same number is called from one of our other PBXs (both 61Cs connected via PRI programmed as ATVN) I only receive the 5 digit extension number. I have FNA and SFA on the Phantom that is DCFW to 91214xxxxxxx.
I've tried this as a Phantom DN and as a NCFW ACD queue and also as a standard 500 with CFW to same number and I get the same results.
Any calls dialed direct from all PBXs complete with the full 10 digits. Only the calls being forwarded are effected.
These calls, when leaving the 81C are going over Verizon SIP trunks, programmed as PRI in the 81C.
I have all of the appropriate CLID table built and everything works correctly, except those tandem calls that are forwarded.

Been banging my head awhile and need a little assistance.

Anyone come across this? I could really use the help.

Thanks in advance!

Steve

I don't mind coming to work, but that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch.

If you are on 7.6 you can use CMDB to manipulate the CLID

Thanks, bignose21 for the response.

LOL, remember this is a military base.........it's Rls. 25.47

Steve

bignose21,

Unfortunately that did not help. I'm beginning to think the problem is with Verizon, but don't understand why I'm only getting 5 digits on forwarded calls.

I'm open to any other suggestions at this point.

Steve

any different if you use a TSC instead of a phantom and set the DMI calltype to NPA (only other thing I can think is alter the routing on the 61 so it comes over as an external call).

bignose21,

That's an interesting and very creative idea utilizing a TSC, I'll give that a try. The route is already setup as EXT.

Will let you know.

Steve

I think TSC will fix it. I have used this before many moon ago when dealing with outgoing calls via another switch.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

bignose21

You are a freakin rockstar! I setup a TSC in each of my remote 61C systems, directed them to a dedicated RLI with a DMI table that has CTYP NPA that routes the call to the 81C with a Phantom 500 forwarded to an external number and viola, all is right with the world once again. That was a creative fix and I loved it!

Thanks, I owe you a beer!

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back