Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Talk about frustrating. . . 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

theripper

MIS
Aug 12, 1999
US
OK. One of my customers have a website. You can view their web pages just fine, from anywhere, EXCEPT @ the customers site. At first I thought I would simply clear their cache/temp hit reload and page would reload just fine. Boy, was I wrong. I've had 3 different places hit this customers webpage. It loads fine everytime. I called the ISP - thinking it just might be something with the Cisco router. That tested out fine. From the customers site, I can see every page on the net, except their own. When you attempt to load their site (from their office), you can see the page begin to load, however the images do not load, and will eventually time out.<br>
<br>
The customer claims that the webmaster was changing something on their page last week. After the change is when all this started (does the same on every PC, every OS, and with both Netscape and Explorer. But, shouldn't it have affected everyone who hits this page? Not ONLY the customer. Please help. ((The customer is looking at me while I type this. . . and he thinks I'm fixing their problem.))

It's been awhile since I've created a webpage and this is just a suggestion but back in those days you had the HTML part of the page in a specific directory on the server. Any GIF files that you want to display on this page also had to be uploaded to the same directory where the main page resided in order to view them. I could create the page with GIF files included and view it fine locally but to view from the web I would have to ensure that all parts of the page was up on the server. Hope this helps in some why.

We provide design and hosting.&nbsp;&nbsp;We have our own server.&nbsp;&nbsp;NT 4.0.&nbsp;&nbsp;We are having similar problem with slow image download that has occured withing the past five days.&nbsp;&nbsp;We have shut down and restarted.&nbsp;&nbsp;We are at the end of our rope.&nbsp;&nbsp;Ripper, did you ever get this problem fixed and how?<br>Help!

barrett1 -<br><br>Yes.&nbsp;&nbsp;We did finally fix the issue.&nbsp;&nbsp;It ended up being the card, in Ameritech's CO (central office).&nbsp;&nbsp;Ameritech switched the card, and everything was good to go.&nbsp;&nbsp;Ameritech claims to have, &quot;. . . never seen a card do that before. . . &quot;<br><br>This problem had NO line fault symptoms.&nbsp;&nbsp;Even if your company is tagging an ISP, still have your local carrier test the circuit from A to Z.<br><br>Good Luck - and please let me know the outcome, or if I can be of any further assistance.<br><br><A HREF="mailto:theripper@excite.com">theripper@excite.com</A><br><br><br>

I am having a similar problem. I created a webpage for a buddy of mine (at ghettofisherman.freeservers.com/tim.html).
I added some scripts, one a click and drag, and the other a mouse-over. The image for the click and drag works, but the image/s for the mouse-over don't load. All I get is that darn &quot;red x&quot;. I checked to see if the server had my images in my folder and they do. This is driving me nuts.Please Help!!
p.s. Neither of the scripts work in Netscape, and the image still doesn't show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back