Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Taking over a site

Status
Not open for further replies.

o2drink

Technical User
Sep 27, 2007
US
I was asked to take over a website and modify it. I have flash4 but it won't open the swf (must be a newer version). Would purchasing flash8 allow me to do this? Do I need the source fla? Is there a more cost effective route?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
EJ

Do you have the .fla files? they my prove to be the ones that you are looking to open.

At this point, I do not have the fla files - it's not my site.

Thanks,
EJ

You can't open swf files in flash. Your gonna need a flash decompiler to open an swf, or going to have to ask for fla's.

Thanks, to all, for the replies. I'm going for that Sothink app I guess. The site owner does own the content and might have the fla's. I'm just tring to get'r done without spending $210 for flashCs3 (student license). I'll be purchasing Sothink later this afternoon...is there any reason to go the Flash route for simple modifcations of a site?

Thanks again,
EJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back