Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Taking Illustrator class - How to reset to default settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

artbymoonlight

Technical User
May 10, 2005
US
Hi all,

I am taking my first illustrator class and wondered if there was a reset where I can get the default settings back.

In the class today I was way behind as I all of my tool bars were gone but the guy next to me had like 7 of them. I dont know the program enough to know what I was missing as it was my first time in the class and the teacher didnt help me much.

So I hoped there was some way in illustrator, like there is in photoshop, when I sit down for class to get the default settings back?

Thanks so much for your help!
Brandi

Do a search for your AIPREFS file. (in Windows you must allow hidden files to be seen).

Once you find it, trash it. Next launch, Illy will start as new.

Or, if you need precise directions to the location, copy and paste this path into your browser address bar:

File:///C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Application Data/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator CS Settings

You may have to replace "owner" with your logon name.

There should be (among others) a file there called AIPrefs, the one dimoj suggested you locate. Delete it.

DO ALL OF THIS WITH ILLUSTRATOR CLOSED!!!

Now, fire up the old boat and voila!

Bert Philippus

I'll give you "precise directions" in a minute.

;-)

Thanks so much for your help! Todays class was much better but this will be so helpful!

Have a great week!
Brandi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back