Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Take Voicemail Off Extension - Merlin Mail 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

dciadmin

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2002
Hi,

I had an extension 630 that never had voicemail box on it. It was set up with Class of Service 20. Worked fine until I had problems with the wire out to the jack. I ended up moving the extension to another port on the Legend via the system programming. Now I suddenly have voicemail on this 630 extension. I checked the COS and it is still 20. I have deleted and recreated the extension, but it still is going to voicemail after 4-5 rings. I need it to keep ringing until someone picks it up.

I usually have the opposite problem and it is usually revolves around not remembering to add the new extension to the group coverage. Taking this extension off the group coverage then does not allow any outside calls to come in.

What am I forgetting to do?

thanks,

DC

this ext is set up as the auto att if you check its probably mailbox type 15

the port you have wired it to was probable assigned to the Voice Mail Coverage Group, which is usually 30.

Go to Extensions, More, Group Coverage, 30, Enter, Inspect, and see if the extension number is listed there. If so, back up and delete it.

TouchTone ..

Yeah, I tried that, as mentioned above, and it then would not accept outside phone calls to that extension. It gave me some automated error. I just went back and tried it again so I could give you the error ... and now it worked! It figures ...

Either way, it appears to be functioning again. Very much appreciated!

DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back