Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tag line on all emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantislee

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2000
US
Is there a way to add a signature to all emails leaving my exchange 5.5 server. Simular to the way that hotmail or mail.yahoo adds an advertisement line at the end of the emails that thier users send, but I would want to put a legal blurb.

Thanks,
William L. Smith
Systems Administrator
mantislee@yahoo.com
AOL Nick: Mantislee

Systems Administrator
Exchange Admin
Backup Admin
GoldMine Admin
Blackberry/RIM Admin
Webmaster

I'm looking for the same thing. I assume you would need to append the text when it converts to MIME before sending it out on SMTP. None of the Exchange 5.5 books I have mention it. There may be a registry hack available. I'll check TechNet and let you know if I find anything.

No, what you need is the disclaimer. There is a single dll file to add in and then you create a text file that gets appended.

I want to post this 67KB zip file that contains the library and a load of notes - anyone got any web space to hold this file permanently and I'll do an FAQ on it?

You can email it to mantislee@yahoo.com and I'll post it on my website.

Thanks,
William L. Smith
Systems Administrator
mantislee@yahoo.com
AOL Nick: Mantislee

Systems Administrator
Exchange Admin
Backup Admin
GoldMine Admin
Blackberry/RIM Admin
Webmaster

Status