Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tadiran to Nortel integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

thattekguy

Vendor
Feb 2, 2007
US
I am asked to connect a meridian opt 61 to a tadiran via SIP trunks. Has anyone done this succesfully, I am not sure about the Tadiran, I am a Nortel guy.If anyone knows of any limitations or tips, please let me know, thanks.The only info I have is, is that it is a Tadiran, Im not sure about any other names or models.

Well, you will need mre info on the Taddy version and feature authorizations.
Yes, I have connected other systems to a Taddy with SIP and it does work.
There are tech docs available to certified techs on tadiran.
So, who is the taddy vendor you will work with?

Hey,
The vendor is Telstar, so far they have cancelled twice. First time some firmware update the tech ran froze the tadiran switch, the second cancellation was due to some new hardware they need to install. I am not confident they know what to do.

Have the tech log into the tadiran website and print out the new sip documentation.
Have him show you the feature authorizations in FEAT from the main menu.
Check the zone setups from the IP menu off the root.
Sit with the tech as he does these things.
It must be version 15 on the Taddy. The UGW and or PUGW need to be upgraded to the newest release. Again, he can get these upgrades from the Taddy website. Also, you need to upograde the IP Phones if installed to the lastest firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back