Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TabStrips gone wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

dushkin

Programmer
Mar 28, 2002
US
hi. i am starting to play with tabstrips and have the control on a WebForm. In design time, the control looks great - color and underlined font. WHen i compile, all i see is plaintext for what was previously a colorful tabstrip. the color is defined accoring to Microsoft's specs:

Code:
<ie:TabStrip runat="server" TabDefaultStyle="background-color:#3399ff; font-family:verdana;font-weight:bold;font-size:8pt;color:#ffffff;width:79;height:21;text-align:center"
TabHoverStyle="background-color:#777777" TabSelectedStyle="background-color:#ffffff;color:#000000"
id="TabStrip1" Height="40px" Width="568px">
<ie:Tab Text="Home" />
<ie:Tab Text="About us" />
<ie:Tab Text="Products" />
<ie:Tab Text="Support" />
<ie:Tab Text="Co

so, i am not sure what i am doing wrong. what is happening at compile time that might be causing this?

thanks in advance.

Make sure you have the webctrl_client virtual directory on the root of your web site, it contains files required by IE Web Controls suite. By default it installs into Default Web Site.

thanks! that did the trick. i had it in the directory that the Readme.txt suggested, not my root directory. thanks tons - looks good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back