Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TabStrip object not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aristarco

Programmer
Jun 19, 2000
MX
Hi there!
I've never used a TabStrip object in Access VBA, and I can't make it work properly. I know it is not a container and that everything in the control's field is really in the form. So I made a tabstrip, put some controls over it and when executed, the tabstrip is covering the controls, no matter if I applied "Send to back" to the tab control.
I don't want to use a MultiPage control, since the controls are the same in every tab. I've tested importing the "Forms 2.0" objects in Visual Basic 6.0 and adding an Access TabStrip to a VB 6 form and it works. The controls are 'over' the tabstrip with no interference. Is my Forms 2.0 TabStrip control or library, damaged? Is my machine nuts? Can you help?

To boldly code, where no programmer has compiled before!

The only way I know to make Access controls visible on an ActiveX tabstrip is to put a subform on it.

VBSlammer
redinvader3walking.gif

"You just have to know which screws to turn." - Professor Bob

But you can use MS Forms 2.0 textboxes and they are capable of binding to a controlsource.

VBSlammer
redinvader3walking.gif

"You just have to know which screws to turn." - Professor Bob

Thanks VBslammer. I think I'll use that. In fact, the data sources I needed were stored in a combo box, so you selected one and the recordsource in the form changed, and so the Forms 2.0 textboxes were filled with the new info, but I thought it'd be more user-friendly to have the sources as tabs and change the textbox origin as they click on the tabs. I think I'll stick to the combo approach. This TabStrip control seems to be more complex than necessary.

To boldly code, where no programmer has compiled before!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back