Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tablesor Tabs not releasing so they can be opened from another terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

poswebtech

Technical User
Jan 21, 2015
Aloha 6.4.37 - Windows 7
Server 1 Opens a Table1 or Tab1 on Term 1
Server Closes their Window on Term 1 or the system automatically Closes it after a designated time period
Server then 10 minutes later starts using Term2
Server attempts to Open Table1 or Tab 1
Terminal reports that Table1 or Tab1 is locked back on Term1

Why isn't the system automatically releasing a lock on a tab or table after either the server exits the terminal
or after the predesignated timeout period which should automatically release the lock on the table or tab.

Where do i adjust this

This is not an uncommon issue when using a win7 on FOH. Disable RFS. What is happening is the lock file is still on term1. My bet it only happens when going from T1 to T2 and not the other way. If you can remove the Use RFS from store settings and reboot, see if that fixes the issue.

AlohaRoss

RFS is not enabled on our system.
Seems to be an intermittent issue.
I will check back with our servers and see if the situation is still happening.

Dauphin2, what versions caused this with win7 embedded. I had a place with half win7 embedded and half posready2009. Ver 6.4.39 once we disabled RFS all worked fine.

AlohaRoss

Versions after March 2013 should correct this issue, but it will also be caused if RFS is not running under its own admin account with full BOOTDRV share permissions and if ANY Win7 FOH/BOH PC's do not have the Disable File Caching and USENEWSMB registry settings updated on them according to NCR configuration. I would try not to use anything lower then higher versions of 6.5/6.7 with Win7 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back