Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tables in Service Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyariexcel

Programmer
Jul 11, 2013
US
One of our departments is looking for a way to manage job tickets more efficiently. They would like a four-column table with Job #, Location, Job Status, and Job Notes (underneath "Phases" on the report). They use Service Manager - specifically, Document Entry - to manage them currently, but AFAIK there is no simple way to consolidate only these fields into a view. The only thing is, I'm kinda lost on where to start poking in the DB, although I've had to in the past for requests of a different nature so I'm not unfamiliar with the process.

I reference the Sage Application Object Model 6.0 for such requests, querying SQL with PHP to create an HTML result table. But I don't see anything relating to Service Manager in the AOM documentation. Do I need separate documentation specific to Service Manager to find the necessary tables? Or is the information locked away in the existing tables found within the AOM?

Thank you for your assistance, tuba2007. But I'm having some trouble with these links. The first link is showing nothing on screen, looks like I need account credentials of some sort. I'll try to get that sorted out with upper management, but as for the second link, the PDF references tables that I cannot find when I query our DB. Specifically any table that begins with VM????.

Could this be an permissions / access issue?

I apologize for the confusion. I was in the wrong database :) Thank you for your help again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back