Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tables disappear

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheComputerDude

Programmer
Feb 27, 2006
US
I have an application that pulls data (1 table) from an SQL server. The problem is that occasionally the tables disappear. I mean both the linked table and all local tables disappear. Closing and re-opening the database corrects the problem, but I need this program to stay up and running. Has anyone seen this problem before or know any workarounds?

What happens if you just select the queries or another tab in the database window and then select the tables tab? Are the tables actually missing or do you just not see them? Do the forms and queries work when you think the tables disappear?

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

The tables are listed. But when you attempt to click on any of them, all tables vanish. The tables do not reappear by changing from one DB object back to another.

I have never heard of this happening. I expect you have some corruption and need to compact and repair or create a new MDB and import all the objects.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

I don't suppose you're using Access 2000 are you?

I've had this happen in A2K on several occasions (not just with tables either - forms and reports have disappeared too).

dhhokom's advice to import all objects into a new MDB file was a good one. And back up regularly too - sometimes when I've had this happen I've been unable to retrieve the objects at all.

Ed Metcalfe.

Please do not feed the trolls.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back