Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Table/Text Formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljwmis

MIS
May 23, 2001
GB
I have inserted a table into a webpage where the body text is controlled by CSS. Just the usual set up:

CSS
body { margin-top="0";
margin-width="0";
margin-height="0";
background-color: #ffffff;
font-family: Arial;
font-size: 65%;
color: #00008b;
text-align: justify; }

WEBPAGE
<table fontborder=&quot;0&quot; align=&quot;center&quot; width=&quot;100%&quot;>

<tr align=&quot;left&quot; valign=&quot;top&quot;>
<td></td>
<td></td>
</tr>

<tr align=&quot;left&quot; valign=&quot;top&quot;>
<td></td>
<td></td>
</tr>

The table looks fine, however I seem unable to control the format of the text. The text is huge compared to the surrounding text and seems to be in bold. I have tried font-size in <table> and have experimented with a control in CSS (not exactly sure how to control tables formatting in CSS), but to no avail.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

p.s. Could you suggest how to set up CSS to control table layout/formating etc. as I am thinking of inserting several tables across the site.

Many thanks.

Try adding td to the body selector.

body, td { margin-top=&quot;0&quot;;
margin-width=&quot;0&quot;;
margin-height=&quot;0&quot;;
background-color: #ffffff;
font-family: Arial;
font-size: 65%;
color: #00008b;
text-align: justify; }

Also try to find out about TopStyle. They have a free version, trial version and registered. I went with registered and don't regret it at all.
Hope this helps.
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back