Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Table styles

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeminee

Technical User
Feb 10, 2005
NL
Hi all,

Is there something like a "table style" in ID ? I often get a MS-Word table I have to format with alternating row colors, pictures in the background of the heading cells, centering the contents of some cells etc.
I seem to have to choose between two evils. The first is copying and pasting (or typing) each cell individually in a properly formatted table. The second is importing the whole table and then formatting it from scratch.
What I would like to do is to select the table and then have InDesign execute a command to format it the proper way.
Any ideas?

Antoon Smulders

What you really need is a look at:

Have a look at

and look for PopTab

Here you can download THE tool you need to "populate" a table with data from excel etc; this is called "PopTab"

You only have design a table once (size of cells, lines, font, fontsize, color whatever) and these will stay the same whenever you import data with the script Poptab.
Of course you can make adjustments later, like making cells bigger when data doesnt fit (when you'll see the red dot in the righthand corner)

Good Luck

Using InDesign CS2 (Dutch version) in OSX 10.4.6 on a mac G4

Thanks a lot, I'll give it a try.
Antoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back