Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Table setting issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milkman09

Technical User
Apr 5, 2010
CA
We have a Star Talk Flash 2 on our Norstar system. When the AA picks up I would like it to first play the table 1 grting which has been recorded and then play the table 2 greeting listing each persons extension. The AA is setup to p/u on all lines 24/7 after 4 rings on every line. How do I get the table 2 grting to come up right after table one? Currently it plays table 1 grting, and then the operator comes up and asks for an extension and search by directory, we don't want this feature on at all. Any help is appreciated, I know very little about this system.

do i have to record the aa menu as primary? i believe i've tried this and it doesn't let me choose the greeting once recorded? any ideas?

the aa prompt has primary and secondary language prompt
if you use the 2 languages (primary = English and secondary =french for instance )

then when customer calls you would have in the greeting
"thank you for calling abc company for french press 9"

then all secondary prompts (aa,ccr tree ) will play
if 9 not pressed will stay in primary

so the table will go
greeting (up to 4 greetings based on time of day ,morning, afternoon, evening, non business)
then aa primary prompt (or ccr tree if used)

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

Fireater's advice is spot on.

To add, all Norstar vm will play greetings in this order-

Programmed GRTG # (assigned by time of day under Tables)
AA menu Prompt (canned by default. record silence if you don't want anything here.)
CCR Path 0 (only if enabled)

I will give this a try, thanks for all the advice. One of these days our company will have to bite the bullet and buy a new system. I'm really tired of dealing with this Norstar system.

Sounds like you may want to program CCR? i.e for Sales press 1, for comanpany address and fax# press 2 etc.
That will give you far more options.
Find out what verion software your phone system and vmail is.
For vmail press 9 when your logged into f983.
For phone system look at the software cartridge in the phone system.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

I'm sorry guys, pardon my incompetents. I have tried to figure out how to record the primary greeting that will play after the AA and will be heard instead of the canned "if you know your parties ext, dial it know or type the person's last name". I would like to record a secondary greeting that simply lists each person ext. I don't want to setup a CCR either, could someone please list me the steps to get this setup?

Please disregard my last post, I have finally got the primary greeting to work. Thanks for all the posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back