Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Table scrolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

telesimke

IS-IT--Management
Jul 21, 2011
SI
Hello!

I can't get the table scroll amount working. Here is the panel def:

)Attr
! TYPE(OUTPUT) COLOR(TURQ)
% TYPE(TEXT) INTENS(HIGH) COLOR(YELLOW)
_ TYPE(INPUT) INTENS(HIGH) CAPS(ON)
)Body Expand(//)

%Command ===>_zcmd %Scroll===>_zamt

)Model
!linet

)Init
&zamt = csr
.cursor=zcmd
)End

When table appears it has "Scroll ===> PAGE" although CSR is specified under ")INIT". And if I set Scroll to any other value it gets ignored and continues to scroll with PAGE amount.
Can you see the source of this problem?
BR Jaka

What happens when you enclose the value in quotations marks by specifying &zamt = 'csr' ?

I tried &zamt='csr' and there is no difference.

You are right that it doesn't make any difference. So I've copied your code and did a test by myself. It works! Even if I use an invalid scroll amount like &zamt = abc, it works perfectly. ABC is displayed.
The only thing I can imagine is that your panel is not refreshed after the last change. ISPF keeps a cache of 10 panels in main storage. If you really want to be sure that your changes are active, you should use the Dialog Test Utility. This causes ISPF to flush the cache and to reload the panel from DASD. If you want to do it programmatically, you could do something like
Code:
do run_i = 1 by 1 to 10
   "ispexec control nondispl end"
   "ispexec display panel(isr003" !! right(run_i,2,'0') !! ")"
end
before displaying the panel.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thank you for your help. I will test your solution in the future because I don't understand it at the moment.
BR Jaka

Be aware that the space in which "zamt" exists must be exactly 4 characters long. Thus "_zamt +" is NOT correct and will not work, but "_zamt+" will work.

Frank Clarke
--America's source for adverse opinions since 1943.

Thanks rexxhead that fixed it!!!
Best regards, Jaka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back