Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

table question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyris

Programmer
Nov 2, 2000
FR
i have been asked a curious question, and even if i'm used to code in html i was unable to answer.. maybe you could

if i have a table with only one cell, and i want that this cell takes all the screen's height, what should i do ? because if i put a 100% attiributes, this will only show 100% of what the cell is containing ! so what can i do so that whatever the cell contains the height of the table will take all the IE screen ??? Best regards,
Elise, XML learning girl X-)

in fact my question is :
how to make a table take all the screen, without using fixed widths and heights ? Best regards,
Elise, XML learning girl X-)

Just specify your height and width in the table tag.

IE: <table height=&quot;100%&quot; width=&quot;100%&quot;> &quot;The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us&quot;
Bill Watterson, Calvin & Hobbes

Yeah, using 100% attributes is the only way. By default, any content you put within the <td> will be centered vertically within the table. If you want content DEAD center, use <td align=&quot;center&quot;> as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back