Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Table Preferences

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudonam

MIS
Dec 5, 2006
IE
Hi there,

I hope someone can help me. I have a report that I am typesetting and there must be about 200 tables – aagh!

Every time I select the text and change it to a table, I have to go into the table set up and change all the column strokes, fills etc. Is there any way that I can set up a default style? I have looked in preferences but I cant seem to find it.

Thanks a mill, in advance.

You can use one you have set to the proper style and save as an "Object Style" then use that object style to apply to future tables.

You cannot save a table as an object style.

InDesign CS3 supports the function for table styles and cell styles.

If you don't have the option for table styles (CS3) then you can make one table and copy and paste it and change it to suit.

Tables are time consuming.

Ooh, sorry - I was thinking of the plugin from teacup that is now used for cs3

Thanks for your help.

Copying and pasting would take ages – you should see the size of some of these charts. Role on another 14 hour day!

...if the tables have a table style already associated with them then you can modify the values in the table style, if they haven't been created using table styles then you only have two options of manual changes or begin to apply your own table styles to them. Depending if the tables have layout values then this process may or may not be as time consuming as if they are completely different...

Andrew

I think you'll be surprised with tables. Once you get stuck into them you find you're own quick workarounds that work for you. The good news is that after 200 pages of these you'll be the resident expert on tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back