Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Table Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

sladiebug

Technical User
Sep 25, 2008
US
I have a report that I have created in Crystal XI R2. It is not a complicated report. It accesses one table thru an ODBC driver. It has a couple of images with hyperlinks to other reports. I have published it out to BOE. The report is accessed by users using a URL statement in a web browser (Internet Explorer). The report runs successfully for a day or so then returns the following error message;

"Unable to Retrieve Object
File Project List: Table could not be found."

The report always runs successfully in Crystal XI R2, even if it will not run in the browser. Once the report is broken I can preview the report in Properties in BOE and I get the same error message. If I go and schedule the report to "run now" in BOE it completes successfully and I can view the data. If I go back to properties and preview it again there or in the web browser I still get the same error message.

I am at a loss as to why it runs successfully in all mediums web browser, BOE and Crystal one day, then breaks a day later. Also why when broken in the web browser and preview can I run it with no errors in Crystal and the Schedule Report tab of BOE.

I have rebuilt the report from scratch and it has not fixed the problem.

Thanks M.

How many "tables" / datasources are there in the report...?

Please detail their specific types and the method of connection (ODBC).

There is one table in the report. It is a table from Sage Software, a Program called Timberline, JCM_MASTER_JOB.
Sage Timberline offices uses the pervasive SQL V8 database engine.

The connection is through ODBC, using the ODBC datasource Administrator. The driver is a Timberline Driver that is configured to the Timberline data folder.

Sounds like your BOE Crystal Report Page Server is losing connectivity with the Input FRS or the ODBC database.

That's why you only get the "Object Not Found" when you Preview or View-on-Demand.

Is "project list" the Report Object name in BOE...?

Since this error only happens in BOE, what version/service-pack level are you running...?

On which OS platform (Windows, AIX, etc)...?

Is your BOE infrastrucure clustered or single-server...?

Where are your BOE Input and Output FRS files being written local to the server, or a SAN via UNC-path...?

Was there a resolution for this as i am having the same issue. I am running BOE on Windows machine and was able to publish the report but cannot preview it as it gives me error in file ... table not found error.

If i create the report using SQL Command it would work fine, but not when using tables to create the report?

Any suggestions please?

We had the same problem.

But we had differrent DSN names on the server and client.
So we made them the same and it works fine now.

Hope this helps.

Has anyone been able to figure this one out?

We have a server running Crystal Server 2008 and the Timberline ODBC connection and it never seems to work. I can create reports on the server and run them in Crystal Reports 2008, but as soon as I publish them, they break.

Any help would be awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back