Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Table Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

genoah

Programmer
Nov 1, 2001
US
When I run my application I get the error "Table locked by another user" and it shows my machine as the person locking the table. I dont have it networked. It will display this message if I create a new record and I post it them I try to edit it. I open my tables when the form is shown and open the querys only when executed. I close all table and querys when I close the form. The only way I can unlock it is by terminating the program and then running it again. Can someone please shed some light on my problem?

Dave

Are you using Paradox tables? If so, a lock was placed on the table whenever it is being used, even if you are the sole user. If for some reason, the table was not closed properly i.e. - the application froze, computer rebooted etc. the lock was not removed. Search for the file "Pdoxusrs.lck" and delete any you find. This should eliminate one of the causes of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back