Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Table help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbizzell

Technical User
Apr 22, 2005
US
Hello,
I've got a report created that details open sales orders. Orders are pulled from {co_bln.co_num} If I drop in the field {co_ship.shipdate} then the sales orders that do not have shipments disappear and those with shipments remain. Is there a formula that can be created to keep all the sales orders listed and only put the ship date for those that have shipped? (Crystal 9, SQL)

Example:

SO 1025
SO 2356 Ship Date 05/10/05
SO 2689 Ship Date 05/02/05
SO 3568
SO 3659

Thanks-
Laurie

Change the join from the tables to a Left Outer Join, this will preserve the sales orders. Speaking of fields without mentioning the tables involved doesn't do any good.

I would advise you further but you posted nothing technical.

If you require more assistance, please post:

Crystal version
Database/connectivity used
Example data
Expected output

You might also post the SQL from Database->Show SQL Query

-k

Thanks! That worked perfectly. I apologize for not posting all relevant data - as you can tell I'm new to all of this, but posted what I thought was all the data needed. You always seem to be able to help and I appreciate the time you spend answering questions. Thanks again.

Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back