Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Table Field Not showing All 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystalfire

Programmer
Jan 29, 2002
US
I have a report in which I have a parameer of Vendor Name. When I try to use the parameter, it only shows Vendors up to Vendors starting with the letter J. If I remove the parameter, the report shows all Vendors. Why is the Parameter limiting my Vendor Choices. I am using the Allow Multiple Values and Discrete Values in the parameter.
Crystal 8.5

It sounds as if you have something in the Report->Selection Formulas->Record which is limiting the rows returned.

Please post technical information, saying that you use a parameter isn't descriptive.

Parameters are NOT dynamic in Crystal, they will NOT refresh with the latest values from their source, and parameters are limited to X values within the table depending upon the values in the MaxNBrowseValues and BrowseTimeout in the Registry, which I believe is 500 in 8.5.

So state how you are using the parameter (not just that you do), where you are displaying the field, and someone can help you.

If you drop the table.field (not the parameter) in the details section of the report, it won't be limited unless you filter the rows in the record selection, or you use suppression in the section you're displaying in.

-k

-k

I do not have something in the Report->Selection Formulas->Record which is limiting the rows returned.

I do not need to have the parameter to refresh as I know it won't.

I am using the pArameter to let the customer select the VENDOR they need to see data for on the report.

"If you drop the table.field (not the parameter) in the details section of the report, it won't be limited unless you filter the rows in the record selection, or you use suppression in the section you're displaying in" EXACTLY

If you don't have anything in the record selection than you are NOT letting "the customer select the VENDOR they need to see data for on the report".

Again, you don't state what you're doing, you need to say what you are putting where.

The report->record selction-record formula should have something like:

{table.field} = {?MyParameter}

to limit the rows returned to the report.

-k

My guess is that it has to do with the Registry, as SV mentioned in his first post.

-LB

I agree with lbass, back in 8.5 I remember that I had to dink with the Registry to get a Paramater to show ALL items in a drop down list. Since my company doesn't allow us to change any items in the Registry anymore, I don't recall what it was..... Sorry

DataDog
'Failure Is Not An Option'

The registry key is MaxNBrowseValues if I recall.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Thanks dgillz. That was what I needed to do. Simple question. Just needed a simple answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back