Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

table export sql*loader

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDash

MIS
Mar 25, 2004
US
I have to move around 1 million rows of table a into table b (append). They both reside on two different servers. I need to perform some edits on the data in table a. More precisely, an entire column needs to be changed. Table A rows need to be deleted after the completion.

I need to move only some rows from table A. Not all. Table B structure is not the same as Table A (one column appears at a different position). I looked at the documentations. SQL*Loader can be used to load records into Table B. But, how can we get records from Table A into a file (that SQL*Loader can read)?

I didn't find anything that describes a filter (select, where clause) in export Utility. So, I am doubtful, export utility can be used to load rows records from table a into a flatfile.

Could you please tell me a fast and efficient method? Thank you.

Hi,

create DB links between 2 servers and transfers the data from table a to table b but fast depends upon the lan speed.

Sorry guys!! I didn't read the requirement properly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back