Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Table Differences in Firefox and Safari

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlowe82

Technical User
Mar 27, 2007
US
Hey everyone,

When I create tables in Dreamweaver and preview them in Safari, they appear exactly as I want them to. When I preview them in Firefox, they retain none of the attributes I set for them, such as border color or background color. Why would this be?

I'm using Mac OS X 10.4.8.

Thanks!

How are you specifying those attributes?

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

bordercolor is a Microsoft IE proprietary tag that apparently was never adopted across the board.
You should use border-color in css, because netscape / firefox / mozilla probably won't use what you have now.

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

Okay, thanks. I've never used border color in CSS. I'll look into it.

Hi everybody!!!!

I am using dreamweaver 8 to create a webpage. I have started working to my laptop that has a 17 inch screen and when I tested the site in a 15 inch screen the page was no longer centralized. Also, the borders of the page did not seem to be the same when testing the page in firefox and in internet explorer.

I was wondering if there is any way to keep stable the borders of the page no matter the browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back