Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Table Border Question 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

beanodie

Programmer
Feb 7, 2002
CA
Hi, I'm new to Dreamweaver and can't find a way to border my table with a single line. I've got settings to border=1. When I try to add color for border I get a "frame look" with double lines. There's probably a simple answer.

Er, duh. s-)

Two ways.

(1) Style sheets, except it doesn't work in ns 4.7

(2) There are two thin table line extenstions at the MM website. Both work using nested tables.

Good Luck

Thanks nippi, I'll try it. (I was hoping for a simple solution,like clicking somewhere, or changing a setting within dreamweaver. :cool:

the 'framed' appearance you're getting is caused by the spacing between the cells being applied around the outside of the table as well.

if you set border="1" and cellspacing="0" you should get the look you're after.

hope this helps,

ss

I think this is the desired effect their after:

<table width=&quot;100%&quot; border=&quot;0&quot; cellspacing=&quot;0&quot; cellpadding=&quot;1&quot;>
<tr>
<td bgcolor=&quot;#000000&quot;>
<table width=&quot;100%&quot; border=&quot;0&quot; cellspacing=&quot;0&quot; cellpadding=&quot;0&quot;>
<tr>
<td bgcolor=&quot;#FFFFFF&quot;>&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

Need any other info? - mbox1@uk2.net

Thanks SecretSquirrel, and JJMcay !! The actual &quot;look&quot; I was seeking came from SecretSquirrel's advice, but JJMcay's settings are also another option - without the border. Thank You, Thank You. Fixed with just one click! :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back