Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TabExcel: Is there "code" for setting a custom Tab order

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolcarls

Technical User
Jan 19, 2002
US
I have a sheet that I can't protect (a macro clears contents of some cells) I would like to have the cell tab order customised. I have seen an example of this somewhere but can't remember.
Thanks

First, you can still protect your cells. Just select your changable cells (which macro modifies) and click Format Cells then click Protection tab and clear the Locked checkbox.

Now Protect your worksheet.

And for Tab order for this unprotected cells open the VBA and select the Sheet1 object in Project Explorer and goto Properties window then set EnableSelection property to 1-xlUnlockedCells.

You will see it is working how you exactly need now.

Regards Oz

What I was trying to achieve is for the tab to skip over some preditermined cells (locked or not) Any ideas???
Thanks a lot Oz

Carl,

Check out my replies in this recent thread: thread68-426762

I think this may work for you, possibly with modifications. The idea was to create a custom TAB order; different than Excel's default. Using this "worksheet map" approach, you would place the cell address for the next cell to tab to into each of the skipped cells. My code was set up to invoke the custom tab procedure only when the data-entry worksheet was protected, but this can probably be changed. I can send you a copy of my demo workbook if interested.

Regards,
Mike

Mike,
Yes, I'd LOVE the sheet! Thanks a lot. Please send to
carl@unforgettable.com
I tried messing with the examples and code in the link you sent, but I just don't have enough knowledge to make it happen without seeing an example.
Much appreciated
Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back