Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tabcontrol Order by code

Status
Not open for further replies.

one234

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2003
GB
Hi All,

I have a form with a Tabcontrol with multi tabs. When I'm in design the order of the tabs are correct, but when I start the application the order of the tabs are not correct anymore.

Is there a way to hardcode the order of the tabpages???

Thx in advance

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

Yes, I'm using vs2002.

Isn't there a small line of code to say, this tab at 0, that tab at 1, etc, etc

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

I encountered similar problem with Tab control in VS2002. In fact I used to get wired “InvalidOperationException” as well. It an issue in VS2002. Unfortunately you’ll have to redraw the tab control :(

This problem has been fixed in VS2003

I have VB .NET 2003 and no the problem was not fixed in my version and I could not get a satisfactory answer from anyone I asked so I got to playing around with the Windows Generated Code. I know I know you are not supposed to but...

I changed the order I wanted in the ResumeLayout section of that code and so far it works fine, even when I run it.

Good Luck. I hope that later on that change does not come back and bite me. We shall see.

I know you are not supposed to but...

if you call yourself a programmer then you should mess around with it. Learn from it and improve it. Normally its very good but its not perfect.

Christiaan Baes
Belgium

What a wonderfull world - Louis armstrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back