Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TabContainer Headaches...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VisualGuy

Programmer
May 27, 2003
US
Maybe someone can help me:

I want to have a disabled input field enabled whenever someone clicks on this radio button. This works great outside of the tabcontainer, but it doesn't work inside the tabcontainer...

First, does anyone know why? Second, how can I work around this? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

<script type="text/javascript">

function EnableUserIDs()
{
document.form2.enableuserids.disabled = false;
}
</script>

<input type="radio" runat="server" onclick="EnableUserIDs()" id="add_rad" />
<input runat="server" id="enableuserids" size="10" disabled="disabled"
type="text" />

Actually, the javascript is:

function EnableUserIDs() {
document.form1.enableuserids.disabled = false;
}

my bad...

This is a javacript question, you are best off posting here:
forum216

Actually, it's not. The javascript works, the part that is causing the problem appears to be the TabContainer...

YOu said the problem is trying to disable with js outside of the tab control object. It is still a js problem, usually due to the way the ids are created when in a containing object. What tab control is this? If it is a 3rd party control, then contact the vendor about your problem.

As jbenson posted, it may be caused by the way the ID's are created.

If you view source on the page what is the id of the button.. does it match the javascript?

I would suggest using this tool.....

... or something similar if you are not using IE, as it will allow you to view the rendered source and make it easier to see what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back