Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tabbed interface 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundog21

Technical User
Jul 17, 2001
US
I have created a flash 5 form to serve up in a web page. I have 3 distinct versions of this form and I would like to present the user with a tabbed interface to select the forms with. The user may need to complete all three forms or just one form on a regular, recurring basis.

Is it better to create the tabbing effect within Flash or in the html? Each form (tab) has a separate submit button.
Thanks very much

If you do it in Flash, you might want to check this out:

Working around tabing only input fields rather than all elements on stage, which Flash will normally do!

Regards,
mywink2.gif
ldnewbie

Thanks, I can definitely use that info within my form - but I worded my question poorly. I am talking about presenting graphic tabs (not tabbing through fields) that allow the user to select which form to bring up. I've done it before with javascript and layers on html pages. But I'm wondering if it would be better to make the simulated "tabs" appear inside the Flash app itself. I need to be able to submit each form independently.

thanks again

That shouldn't be a problem within flash...

Just create a tab index which switches frame numbers/labels, whatever....and go from there...I dont know how you would do it in HTML, but I do believe flash would be the better alternative... Regards,
Anth:cool:ny
----------------------------------------
"You say [red]insanity[/red] like it's a BAD THING!"

Put on three buttons which simulate the 'tabs' and assign a gotoandplay(n) to the on press event of each button and use this to send the movie to the correct frame.

Create three keyframes in the movie, with each keyframe being each of the tab pages. Design each page as you wish, with text boxes etc. Remember to put a stop() in each frame otherwise you will run through to the next frame.

Just as an idea on perhaps making the tabs 'light up' or move forward...

On each of those pages, you can also create some sort of tab image that is a different color, etc so the user knows what tab they are on...just make sure to keep it under a label layer, or something like that. Regards,

e-mail me at amorris@forumarchitecture.com

I have an FLA which demonstrates all of what you need. Regards,

That's exactly what I need. Thanks very much for the file. It's very easy to understand.

Mike

Then you must be 17 too! LOL
Just kidding Anthony!
mywink2.gif
ldnewbie

Thanks for the laugh Old...you still have a sense of humor at least...=) Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back