Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tabbed forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

julz8

Programmer
May 29, 2003
US
Hi. I have a form with 5 different tabs. I'm in the home stretch of this project and all seems to be fine mechanically. However, the tabs have a gray background and use up too much toner when printed. I've checked properties to change the background color but only seem to be able to change the color behind the tab. I know this sounds like a stupid request but the forms are useless if they can't be printed.

Thanks, in advance, for any help!

1st, why don't you use a report instead. The forms are meant for User interaction, not for reporting.

2nd, if you absolutely must use the forms for printing you can set the color property of the form to white and set the back style property of the control to transparent.

hneal98 -

Thanks for your quick response! I definitely need the form as users throughout the organization are going to be entering different pieces of information as they complete their process. The last user in the process will need to print out the completed form.

I'm able to change the color property on the detail behind the tab page to white but the tab page itself remains gray. Any other ideas?

tx!

You did not read my whole message. After changing the Form to white, you MUST change the STYLE property to TRANSPARENT.

I did read your whole message and know how to change the style property to transparent. There is no style property on the tab page. Are you familiar with what I'm talking about?

Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about. I said control, not page. On the Tab Control, there is a STYLE property. If you change that to Transparent, it should work.

Whoa Nelly!!! [swords]

I believe the property for the tab control is Back Style.....

Hoc nomen meum verum non est.

I'm sorry to bother you, but I was reading your replies and I'm experiencing the same problem. I can't seem to change the color of the tabs. I tried to change the style to transparent, but the tabs is not included in this instruction.
CosmoKramer (great name) talks about a Back Style, but a can't find it in the properties for the tab control.
Whats wrong with me?
//Anders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back