Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tab order problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanEaton

Technical User
Jun 24, 2002
CA
In my main data entry form (frmCatalogDataEntry) I have several controls that are mainly for viewing purposes (auto-fill) that don't really need to have focus on them within the tab order. I also have three command buttons that I would rather not get the focus unless clicked. Like my 'delete catalog' button; I don't really want people accidentaly deleting catalogs because it's in the tab order. This form's purpose is fast, efficient data entry and modification. I've tried going into view>tab order, then to delete selected controls...obviously doesn't work. What about writing code to eliminate the problem? Any ideas... Dan Eaton
deaton@caemachinery.com

DanEaton,

Access does not allow you to delete controls out of the Tab Order list but you can set the properties of a control so that it won't tab stop. In the properties dialog box go to the "Other" tab. You will see a "Tab Stop" property. "YES" gives the control a tab stop and "NO" will skip the control when tabbing.

You can also dynamically change tab stopping in VBA using the TabStop method.

Me.ControlName.TabStop = False
Me.ControlName.TabStop = True

Hope this helps. --------------------------------
Fortius, Citius, nullis secundus
Strength, Speed, second to none

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back