Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tab-key jump order & Enter-key button_onclick 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iogha

Programmer
Mar 8, 2001
DE
I´ve just finished an ASP-Page (access to a Database through forms) and I would like to know how can I establish the order of jumps between fields in order to allow users typing the content of these fields without the use of a mouse on each.

I want know too how to implement the assignment of enter-key to a button.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Iogha

INPUT tags support the TABORDER attribute, but the DTC's do not. Without these you will tab from top to bottom. It is possible to adjust the _ScriptLibrary/TEXTBOX.ASP to include the tab order. Alternatively, you may want to add code to the onkeypress event of each item to cause the focus to shift to the next item when tab is pressed (if possible!).

I have not figured how to assign a default button, though if you add a manually coded SUBMIT button (rather than a DTC button) then this will become the default in IE, but not Netscrape.

Thanks a lot MerlinB!

But I don´t understand very well what you means. ("Add code to the onkeypress event of each item").

You refears creating an onkeypress event (only one) on the client (thisForm or document objects)? or creating an event for each Textbox. I cannot find methodes onkey neither focus for DTC Textboxes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back